Sour Grapes Post Election 2012

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I bought this OLD BOOK at an estate sale...

The Clansman (the book and play upon which The Birth of a Nation is based).


I didn't know what it was about.... but being a 59-yr black woman.. I was simply pulled to explore this antique item! so.... I paid a dollar $$ or so for it....  After I watched Django this weekend.... I read in the ROOT, about Quentin Tarantino's Q&A session.....

And if you ever tried to read The Clansman [the book and play upon which The Birth of a Nation is based], it really can only stand next to Mein Kampf when it comes to just its ugly imagery.

Mein Kampf in English means "My Struggle". It's the title of Hitler's book, which he wrote while he was incarcerated for trying to over throw the German government in 1923.

No comments:

Post a Comment